Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Harcourt Brace Social Studies

5 ° Assignment: A Perfect Murder breath or death? The Viale Pieraccini



I tried a different approach PubMed days ago and I have to admits, that I immediately found it difficult to use for the amount of articles and for my inability to put the appropriate limits.
Over time, my attitude has gradually improved.

I read the article of Professor and share his vision of the current scientific world: on one hand we must not throw with his eyes closed in PubMed and, more generally, among the multitude of materials available: a leap into the unknown, but with a little luck and practice you should be able to find what interests us.

I have done several searches but I want to quote on cadaverine and putrescine .

These two substances were presented to me last year by my Professor of Organic Chemistry, which by the way I remember with pleasure, and their absurd name-say-and their power aroused my curiosity.

Professor told us that these compounds were products of the decomposition of proteins and were lethal.
These substances are released into the rotting flesh, after a few hours of death.
So if you withdraw from a dead body and injected into another, the other died. A Perfect Murder
because cadaverine and putrescine would be formed in the new dead and they would mix with those placed first, leaving no trace.

I searched on PubMed and the Web study, but unfortunately I did.
But in doing this research I discovered that these substances are among those responsible for halitosis.

If you are interested, this is the ' article .

This disease is caused usually by the proliferation of anaerobic bacteria in the mouth that produce, among other substances, including cadaverine and putrescine, which "give" the odor to breath.

For those interested in the subject, decomposition and the like, I recommend a book "cue. The curious lives of cadavers" by Mary Roach, a journalist who told his brilliant research on cadavers donated to science in the U.S..
E'interessantissimo and very well written: they are perfectly proportioned irony and scientific information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment